A bit more normal

So I actually made progress on one of my original RSC2020 projects in this month's colorway.  Which means I am only two weeks behind the times. I am sorry that I have not been good about keeping up with everyone else's progress the last few weeks. It's just been an overwhelming funk here and hard to see everyone progressing along.  The goals of January are long gone.

I had started making some framed crumb stars, so here are the centers so that I can complete a few this month.  The good news is that I got some other projects completed or caught up so that I should be able to work on these this week to make the completed blocks. Yay for that!

Making continues since we went under a mask order yesterday.  Our daily deaths and hospital admissions are still terribly high but we are seeing a slight downward trend in the NY area.

So I made more masks, from the Olson mask pattern. I will make some a bit larger next week to ship into NYC to my son.  Hopefully the city will get partially open in the next few weeks. I also finished a few  pleated masks that I had cut out. This has been part of my difficulty moving forward. Too many half done projects laying about.

I also bound my second quilt for quilts beyond borders. Similar to the first one, made from a larger top from the Scrappy Trips around the World pattern that had hidden in a drawer for years. I have no stamina for machine quilting anything large after Frolic.


At the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild, there is an initiative to honor one of the longstanding members who spearheaded the efforts to support Wrap a Smile. T blocks for her first initial. So I did one from my crumb bin and called it T and Crumbets.


So, it's been a good week quiltwise. Most of my progress happened in small sessions, as I still seem to have trouble sustaining any long period of effort at anything.

Painting wise, I came out with one small painting that shocked me by turning out so well. The word of the day was Pump, and I found a photo of a pump  with a great sky background. I am trying to paint more from photos than from other people's paintings to build my skill at abstracting for watercolor. Burnt siena with a little orange makes great rust. I did this with a small field kit set of watercolors on student grade paper, so I was happy that I had enough technique to pull it off with out my better tools. There is something wrong with the bucket handle placement but the rest is pretty darned good.



Comments

  1. Hi,
    Great work you've done. Your T block is cute
    and love your pump painting.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress this week! I love this newly completed Scrappy Trips quilt just as much as the last. Pretty painting, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have one or two pieces of that scrappy trips behemoth left....I am trying to come up with a plan for that....maybe pair it up with some other orphans for another QBB project.....or should I just put it away for another decade?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!