In the swing of things


I feel like I am working in the RSC color properly for the first time in this quarantine.

I finished two framed crumb stars today.



Last weekend, I was searching around for other projects that aren't too taxing. Louise (who is in mourning over the passing of Angel kitty) suggested something simple: ScrapSnap blocks.

I decided to do this with this month's greens and pops of color to make it look like a wildflower garden. It's starting to appear clearer in my minds eye. Let's see how far I get with this...here are my first bits and pieces. Sorry those dark greens are really too dark. I am running a bit behind schedule today and just took a phone camera shot because I didn't want to change DSLR lenses. Will probably be walking in the morning. Since I can't go to the garden center, I will build a garden on my design wall.


A few days ago, I got some great shots while walking in the woods and in our neighborhood. 

I did not get to T for Terry this week, because I had to order backing, which has not arrived yet.

As usual, I did all the daily sketch prompts.

Tube

 Dine (I know, the cat looks a bit like a pig. But my big ginger cat does like to pig out)
 Key
 And for Craft, I sketched  a sanitized version of the quiltorium. It's usually quite cluttered.
 Crowd

And I worked on other paintings. The large watercolor is giving me trouble as usual, but this little tutorial from the blogger at ModernGouache turned out ok. I attempted the next one in her ebook, but I scrapped it and will start over. 


Well, the afternoon is slipping away, and I have a few more things to accomplish. I am glad I finally feel a little more motivation to get things done. Hope everyone is coping well, and most importantly, I hope the virus stays away from you and all your loved ones. 



Comments

  1. Building a garden on your design wall sounds like a beautiful idea! That last painting? LOVE it, Joanne!! I think it would make a great quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy! Have a look at the moderngouache site, I bet more of her landscapes would make great quilts.... Gouache is a tricky medium, but I like doing these small 5 by 7 paintings when I have a few hours to spare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're trying the ScrapSnaps! I really like the idea of a garden with the flowers peeking out. I'm not getting enough flowers these days. Your paintings are really looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are so beautiful and soft. The star blocks look FABULOUS and the ScrapSnaps look like they'll be winners too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!