Itsa flimsy

Woohoo. This Scrap Snap quilt top is done! Thanks again Louise!  I think I will quilt it in big loopy flowers in case anyone doesn't get that it's supposed to be a garden of wildflowers. This will likely go to WAS along with my T for Terry quilt, and hopefully a few others. I will stop by the PO and get an assortment of flat rate boxes.



 I didn't finish my watercolor. I am at the point where I really fear making a big mistake. There is a small mistake in the brushwork of the brown bridge, but it can be fixed or hidden.  All in all I think it's coming along well. First washes were a little too light, but all things improve with practice. those orange.yellow bushes on the left need to be done, and then there are tree trunks and brances everywhere that need to be suggested.


More details and some outdoor photos from the backyard are in Wednesday's post.

Linking up with RSC2020. Maybe I will actually have a finished green quilt before we change to June's color, whatever that may be.












Comments

  1. Gorgeous!!! Quilt top AND painting-in-progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, this scrapsnap thing fits my disorganized stash approach. Rummage, cut, piece, rummage some more cut and piece again.

      Delete
  2. Your quilt top is a beautiful combination of greens and florals! Definitely a pretty garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you see the blooms even with all the straight lines.

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you, and to meet a fellow painter/quilter. I have learned you can go back and lift color off even older paintings, clean wet brush will sometimes lift color, then you can re-do it sort of. I love doing watercolor, then adding inks. It's like doing a quilting stitch on a beautiful top, another layer. I'll have to follow your blog to see what you're making. I do painting posts on Fridays, and Sewing on Saturdays, let's keep in touch! Lee Anna at not afraid of color (and my email won't link into my profile, but I am at leeannaquilts gmail dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I have experimented with gouache, acrylic, oil pastels, etc. in the past few years since my retirement. But I love the possibilities of watercolor. Have a great teacher at adult ed but our spring session got cancelled two weeks into it, so I feel a bit lost without her. Before that, I only painted in high school....in fact I found this beautiful red sable brush that my dad gave me years ago and it's such a treasure. I did lift the color a bit before my current session this morning. This is based on a painting by Kasuo Kasai, who I found via pinterest. I am thinking of starting a second blog just for painting, I don't know if my art and photographs are helping or hurting my attempts to grow the blog. Thanks for following, I am honored!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!