Another weird week

It seems like I fell off the wagon with having any goals this week, but then got back on...to a certain point.

So here's a recap.

In my last RSC2020 linkup post, I was delighted to have finished a flimsy.
I pieced some batting for it with one seam, and found some backing fabric. Then I folded it and put it on a chair while I flitted off in other quilting directions.

I started another Wrap a Smile Quilt, so I don't have to mail my T for Terry quilt out alone. Alas, Terry passed yesterday, may she rest in peace and may the good she started with Wrap a Smile live on. I never knew here, but she is quite loved by the longstanding members of  Sunshine Online Guild.

I am almost finished with the blocks for this:


Then I saw that other members were making Big Ugly quilts for Quilts Beyond Borders, so I got out my ugly fabrics. The notion behind this is that ugly quilts are less likely to get stolen when they are given to the homeless.

So yesterday, I finished another flimsy using some of what is in my orphan block box and some older fabrics.

Both these endeavors have green in them, so I am still working right along with Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Alas, I still have a pile of ugly fabrics to work with.  I am thinking of just running them through the accuquilt dies and throwing the dregs away.....



It's gotta be a quilting week next week I think. That requires a clearing off of the cutting table to use it for pinning them out. I need to go a bit further with that, though, because all my fabric drawers are a mess again. HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?

And I say Yes to Angela over at RSC2020, I feel like I am done with Green, so thanks.  I watched the light slant across some beautiful pink rhododendron blossoms this morning, it was lovely.

Over on the painting side, I finished a watercolor but I don't think I will frame it.I learned a lot....I am getting better, and that is fine with me. This post from earlier in the week shows its evolution.

I kept up with Sketchaday, but I may bail on that after I hit 300 hundred consecutive days. The prompts this week have been difficult and I haven't been motivated. I do intend to paint more this upcoming week though.

Over on Not Afraid of Color, Lee Anna posted a list of questions that had been going around. So I answered them in another post this week. Maybe you want to answer them too. I don't know what happened with the fonts in that post. Google Gremlins......


Over on my Redbubble site, I put out a few new designs, and they are all available on a variety of products..

Purple Iris



And this is Smiling Caesar, from an acrylic painting I did a few years ago. He was a shy cat, but he loved us well.





For the month of June I am donating 5% of all purchases to Sweetbriar Nature Center, where all of the items in my Woodland Friends collection were photographed on my morning walks. They do wildlife rehab, provide educational programs, and are a little bit of woodland that has been preserved from suburban sprawl.

I ordered myself some notecards, and I like the way they turned out. The delivery time is a bit long because they are printed on demand only.











Comments

  1. SEW many projects and a beautiful painting, too!! Those note cards are sure to be useful and the recipients will surely cherish your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy. I hope life is a bit more normal next week for us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!